Sunday, July 12, 2009

Reality sets in.

I bought my plane ticket. That makes it as real as it's going to get short of actually leaving. With this reality comes excitement and trepidation. I walked 15 miles yesterday. It went well, but I'm really tired today. How I'm going to average 15 miles day after day has yet to be seen. I guess once I get out there, I won't really have any choice.

Here's a neat map of nearly my exact route. Click on the "Roncesvalles" link on the right to display that city on the map. This map starts in Roncesvalles, Spain which is actually one day into my actual route. I'll be starting in St.-Jean-Pied-de-Port in France, 15 miles and 4,000 vertical feet of climbing away to the northeast.

3 Comments:

At July 14, 2009 at 3:10 PM , Anonymous Rita said...

Hi Thomas
Couldn't leave a comment on the latest post....no comment icon.
From what I understand there should be no problem in September and October, except that some albergues close at the end of September and the guide books do not note which ones.
Rita

 
At July 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Tohams said...

Fixed the comments...again.

I noticed that in the CSJ Guidebook. I'm concerned that book is going to get me lost as I try to read it. I'm hoping that when the way (no pun intended) is actually in front of me that it'll make more sense.

Thanks, Rita!

 
At July 27, 2009 at 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another neat map:

http://www.caminomap.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home