Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 17 - Terradillos de los Templarios to Bercianos de Real Camino

Today is more of the Meseta. Though the landscape can be dull at times, it offers a great time to think. It's also starting to get cold at night. The air is very dry here, so it can get cold quickly, but it can also warm up quickly once the sun comes up. As I walk, I've realized how a rollercoaster can be a metaphor for life...and some of you know how I love rollercoasters! Now I just have to enjoy the ride of life. When the walking is flat, I miss the mountains for their scenery and the nuances of climbing and descending them. When it's warm, I wish it were cool. When it's cool, I wish it were warm. Everything comes and goes. I just need to learn to roll with the punches.

One side note...a fellow pilgrim that I'd never seen before came up to me in the albergue and said: "I've read your blog."

"You have?"

"Yes, you used to have 'interesting' hair."

Yup...that was me. Guilty as charged. He found my blog either through a search or through a forum. But either way, if you read it again: Hi, Brian from Ireland!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home