Monday, July 20, 2009

Time out!

My left leg is a lot sore. It feels ok after walking for 10 minutes, but with more than 2 months left before I leave, I'm going to use this injury as an opportunity to take a week break from training physically. That doesn't mean I'll stop training mentally or planning!

If anyone's a physician, physical therapist, or knows a bunch about anatomy and physiology...I have muscle/tendon/ligament soreness on the back of my knee towards the inside. If you bend your knee 90 degrees and feel along the back, you'll feel a few stiffer "bits." Ligaments maybe? The inside one on my left knee hurts. It doesn't hurt when I don't bother it and it's not terrible. I can easily bear weight on it and walk fine, but I definitely can feel it. I figure ice, ibuprofen, and rest are in order until at least the weekend.

1 Comments:

At July 21, 2009 at 6:26 AM , Anonymous Rita said...

Hi Thomas, Maybe you were overzealeous in your training. After resting, try easing back into it at a slower pace. I had posted about training which links to both a good article on walking and a trek training program which is very good.
You don't want to give it all up now after so much preparing and anticipation.
Good luck
Rita

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home