Sunday, August 16, 2009

T-40 days and hit my first snags

1) The minor snag: do they not make diaper pins anymore? Did some baby take one and go ballistic with it or put his eye out? Couldn't find them at Walmart or Target.
2) Either the contact form on the Refuge Orisson website doesn't work or the guy doesn't read his email very often. Either way, it took 2 form submissions and one email (which I found on a forum) to get a reply. And the reply is that they're booked for 9/27. Of course, that's the day that L'Espirit du Chemin closes for the season too. Zoiks.

So...I need to either hop off the 9:39 am train, get my stamp, and head all the way to Roncesvalles, spend $226 for a night in the hotel in St-Jean-Pied-de-Port and head for Roncesvalles early (and well rested), or ... ? Suggestions anyone?

3 Comments:

At August 17, 2009 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Cop's Wife said...

They still make diaper pins. How many do you need? I'm sure I have some around here. Or try Babies R Us maybe. What do you need them for?

 
At August 17, 2009 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Tohams said...

If my hand-washed clothes don't dry overnight (notably, the socks), I'll need to pin them to my pack and use my pack as a drying rack as I walk. Diaper pins would be much easier to deal with.

 
At August 17, 2009 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Rita said...

You can find the pins at any sewing store, also.
Bummer about Orrison being booked.
Did you ask for recommendations in the forum? I am sure someone there can help with a room cheaper than $220.
Good Luck
Less than 3 weeks and I will be on the Camino!! YIKES!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home