Sunday, August 9, 2009

Who wants to go to Europe???

A few people have expressed interest in meeting me in Europe at or near the end of my walk. Awesome. I thought I'd fill everyone in on the details of the end of my trip in case you want to see if it fits your schedule. Given that I'm walking 500 miles, the exact timing of the end of my El Camino is a little tentative, but I do have a couple of days of padding in there to catch up or spend extra time in Burgos or Leon if I'm on schedule.

For those who are interested in completing the last 100 km of El Camino with me (the minimum required to receive the Compostela), I should be in Sarria on the 27th of October and walking out of there the next day. It's actually 112 km from there, but it's the closest city to the 100 km minimum on Camino Frances. It's 4 days of walking from there to Santiago de Compostela.

I arrive in Santiago de Compostela on October 31. I will stay for the Pilgrim's Mass on November 1 (at noon, I believe). Following that, I will be getting to Barcelona by some currently unknown means. After a few days there, I'll go to Paris for a few days before departing for home on November 8th.

SO...if you can come to Europe and hang (no walking tours...unless you want to push me around in a wheelchair!), there's the schedule. Be prepared for me to be limping into Santiago de Compostela a few days late (i.e. be self-sufficient if I don't make it in on time!). I'll have a local phone number that I'll publish when I get it in case you need to reach me.

Hope you can make it! (That's code for: I'll believe it when I see it! )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home