Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 3 - Larrasoana to Pamplona

The ¨schedule¨ has us walking from Larrasoana to Cizur Minor today. But some of us wanted to stop 4 km short of that in the city of Pamplona to kick around. So we only walked 15 km today. It was a pleasant walk and a needed relief for me seeing a ¨real¨city. We stayed in a former seminary that had great facilities including a washer and dryer for my clothes. Hand washing just isn´t the same thing. Plus, this was, I didn´t have to spend the next day walking around as a human clothesline with wet clothes hanging off my pack.

Many of you know how much I LOVE to eat. I´ve been eating pretty simply on this trip. I´ve been enjoying the daily sandwiches in the morning consisting of French bread, local ham, and sometimes queso (cheese). Lunch has been usually the same thing. Often breakfast involves a cafe con leche (a latte)...please don´t tell my doctor that I´ve been drinking unfiltered coffee! Dinner is usually a pilgrims menu (9-10 euros or so) where you have choices for each of three courses. For example, last night in Pamplona, for 10 euros, I started with an incredible Paella Mariscos (shrimp heads on), had a wonderful veal entree with french fries (I didn´t know that´s how the patatas would be served), and a flan for desert. Delicious. For that price, it included bottled water and the local wine - Tinto.

On I walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home