Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Just a few more days!

So many last minute things to do! The worst is believing that there really isn't and I'm just making that up. I realize I can buy what I need there should I forget something, but I'd rather not have to. I was a Boy Scout...I'm supposed to be prepared, right?

I've decided to carry 4 more ounces in the form of my fleece jacket instead of my fleece pullover. I think it'll be more versatile and it's definitely warmer. I've cut my clothes line in half. It's only about 10 ft now and didn't weigh that much to begin with. Despite having hunted all over for safety pins to hang wet clothes off the back of my pack, I think there are enough cinch cords that I can probably hang my clothes over and secure enough barring a hurricane or tornado. I figure I'll learn a trick or two on the Way as well.

And now for a commercial interruption: If you haven't already, there's still time to sponsor me on my little 500 mile walk. It's for a good cause: the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. I've lost 3 friends in the last few years. So, please, make at least a $5.00 contribution for a good cause and to show me your support as I begin this trek. The website to make a tax-deductible contribution is: http://www.firstgiving.org/thomaslin. And now back to regularly scheduled programming...

I hope I can find everything I need. In Paris (within walking/train distance), I need a post office to mail my stuff to the destination. In Pamplona, I need a mobile carrier (Yoigo look cheap) to sell me a pay-as-you-go/prepaid SIM card. And hopefully they speak English so this isn't a nightmare for both of us!

Too much stress. Too many worries. I'm hoping El Camino teaches me to do less of that. It's time to start letting go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home